Sabbatical Adventures begin . . .

Sabbatical Adventures begin . . .

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Turning Aside from Summer

It's early September,  and my grands are going back to school as summer is leaving.  Many people like the summer season as their favorite, but not me.  I wait patiently for summer to slip away into Fall! I lived in hot, sun-shiny country for more than 40 years of my life and I don't want to go back to that weather. That's one reason I love the Pacific Northwest--the weather!



I enjoy the cooling days of Autumn, the delight of the color appearing in the trees, the final tomatoes on the vine and just a sigh of relief as I walk through the garden. I don't mind the rain and the shortening days.  I love the fall produce--apples, pears and pumpkins. The fall flowers, mums, and drying hydrangeas are always a fun sign of the coming holidays. And one of my favorites, leaves swirling and blowing across the walk.  Ah . . . I just can't wait for a good Autumn stroll!


6 comments:

  1. Eek, I feel like I missed summer totally. I only went to a few outdoor festivals and did vacation in MI, so maybe I didn't after all. I like fall too, but our summer in the Midwest got started late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful image! I'm the opposite - I love summer so much. I wouldn't mind living in a sunnier and warmer climate at all :-) Of course, I do appreciate the colours of Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring is my favorite season, but each season has its own beauty. I will miss the longer, sunnier, warmer days of Summer. But I love the colors of Fall. Winter is always a challenge, although I loved playing in the snow as a kid -- and the holidays help brighten those cold, dark days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, man, I really miss fall! I'm not even used to much of it - I've spent most of my life in SC. Even that is so much more than what we get in Hawaii! Mostly this time of year is hotter with fewer breezes where I live. Not so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahm my favorite season that I rarely get to enjoy. This Florida resident is envious. ;) Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have leaves swirling across the walk! All of a sudden, this week we are having fall weather. I don't like to rake up the leaves, so I let them keep moving {:-D

    ReplyDelete