Sabbatical Adventures begin . . .

Sabbatical Adventures begin . . .

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Sensory Autumn

Autumn, being my favorite season is easy to write about!  My favorite Etsy team has a monthly challenge and this month it says:  Fall is in full swing by the time October rolls around.  Create something that reminds you of Fall through your senses--visually by smell or by touch.  If you prefer, write a post that celebrates the sensory appeal of autumn.

I love when mornings begin to turn crisp with a slight chill in the air.  I open my patio door and step out, just to breathe in the brisk atmosphere. Overcast skies don't dampen my spirits!



Across the parking lot, I see the frost atop the next building, quietly laying there unnoticed by the building occupants comfy within. I see tiny foot prints across the roof marring the frost layer; birds have been hunting their morning's fare, hopping from the rooftop to the pine tree and back again.

After my steaming coffee is finished, I don my warm jacket and sturdy shoes, setting out for a morning walk, down the parking lot toward the green space.


Covered in colorful leaves, I almost cannot see the trail beginning, but I have been here often.  The crunch under my feet marks the beginning of the path. Down the incline, closer to the watershed, I begin to hear the rustle and peep of a chickadee in the trees. I look up and wonder how many of them I can spot this morning.  Are they scurrying to fill their larders for winter or scrambling for the morning meal? I wonder.


I enjoy the end of a flourishing summer season, the wind-down of all the garden bounty!  At the end of my walk, I am inspired to decorate my table, to bring the outdoors inside my small space--grateful for the colors of autumn and the anticipation of the holidays!


Note:  this post was done for  a Blogging Business Artisans challenge.

8 comments:

  1. I too love Fall and the things about it you mention.....the crisp mornings, the crunch under your feet and the colors and décor of Fall. Happy Fall to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post! I'm not a Fall person, but I do like the seasonal decorations :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I think we are about a week away from fall arriving here in Atlanta! We just need a few more cool mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful portrait of autumn! I can't even imagine seeing frost right now - I'm sweating in shorts and a tank top. Smelling (and drinking!) a steaming cup of coffee before heading out for a walk sound so appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post on our beautiful Oregon fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right here, right now, Autumn is SO beautiful! The sky is deep blue and the sun is shining on vibrant leaves. Fall at its best.
    Your post evokes all the wonderfulness of Fall! Bringing the outdoors in continues the deliciousness!

    ReplyDelete