Sabbatical Adventures begin . . .

Sabbatical Adventures begin . . .

Friday, April 22, 2016

Green?



Ever woken up hearing plink! plink! splash, drip drip drip, coming from the nearby window.  Such a soothing sound. So quiet in your darkened room, snuggled under the coverlet.  You lie there and listen . . . drip, slash, plink, plink, drip. It begins to have a rhythm . . .  (three short plinks) . . . plink, plink, plink . . .  (lower pitched) slash . . . (two shorts) . . . plink, plink, (and a plonk)  . . . drip.  It's been awhile since you've heard rain, such a comforting sound in a dry season.

In the early morning, you go to the window and look out, looking down on the garden plot.   More splash, drip drip drip.  This is a promising sound, saying:  "Come on!  Here we go!" . . .  it promises things like "Go! Be green!"  The promise of a future --"Go! Be fruitful".  You hear it calmly rolling in waves of hopefulness.  And whether it is a fruitful garden that you want, or it is a fruitful future life, the question today is: Do you believe that things are going to change and get "green"? Wondering what that "greenness" will look like?  Visualizing a new beginning today . . .

Can you see it?

6 comments:

  1. Love it! I totally love that feeling of hearing the rain when I'm cosy in bed. As long as it's on the outside of the window of course - not when it's leaking into the house ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that sound of rain - especially on the roof .... it rocks me to sleep! I am happy to see green out in my yard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sound of rain at night but in the morning it sure makes it hard to get out of bed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally love the pitter patter sound of rain in the early mornings...especially if I know I don't have to leave the house that day :)

    ReplyDelete