Sabbatical Adventures begin . . .

Sabbatical Adventures begin . . .

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Hubby's Lunch Special!

Yesterday, I got some Hawaiian bread at the store.  It came in a loaf, not the usual round style or buns.
Even the clerk was surprised to see it in the loaf form. Anyway, I tried having toast with it, and I didn't care for it because it was a little too sweet.   Hubby tried it and said, "This would make great french toast!"  Then he proceeded to make french toast for lunch!  Oh well, I didn't have to figure out what to make!  :)

He made-up a great recipe and I thought that I should share it! It made a great Sabbatical lunch!!



5 slices Hawaiian bread
2 eggs
1/3 cup milk
t. vanilla
1 packet Splenda (my hubby is diabetic, so he used Splenda. You might prefer 1 t. sugar) 
sprinkle of cinnamon

He dipped the bread in all the mixed ingredients and fried it on the griddle.  Then he added chopped strawberries and whole blueberries to the top---no other toppings were used.  


The first strawberries and blueberries of our season here in Oregon are available, so it was a perfect time to use them!


 Give the recipe a try and see if you don't think, like I do, that this makes a great meal! 


5 comments:

  1. mmm... It;s bee quite a while since I've had French toast. How wonderful that your hubby made it!
    I'm always a fan of fresh berries. In fact, I can't get enough of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so hungry just to see your delicious lunch! But after last cruise I have to loose a few pounds.... and this post is really temptation:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds wonderful! What a great Hubby you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious! I don't think I've come across Hawaiian bread before, even though my country is known for its large variety of bread :) Btw, I didn't know you great grandmother was German!! Hope you do get to visit some day. Before moving to the countryside I used to live a couple minutes walk from the Rhine. I miss it!

    ReplyDelete