Sabbatical Adventures begin . . .

Sabbatical Adventures begin . . .

Thursday, June 26, 2014

June's Roller Coaster Ride!

I was catching up on my blog reading this morning, when I read a good post about how the blogger's month had been progressing.  I thought about my month and realized that it has been like a roller coaster ride!



It began, after a long slow period of research, a quick rise in prep work, and topped with being received favorably by a new client, talking with them about an order.  I was elated at having a new client after doing five months worth of research to get the account!

Next came a short incline with a short preparation for my very first 'First Friday' festival in my home town. The ride was smooth, though not exhilarating.


  The day after left me with an empty feeling, saying good bye to an old friend moving to the opposite coast.


Next was a steady climb, anticipating my 24th wedding anniversary, planning a trip to the beach; but before we could get there, one of my DIL's dropped a bomb on the family and literally devastated our large extended family!


There was an emergency ride to Seattle to do some damage control and provide some encouragement.


That short trip was the day before our anniversary beach reservations.



The beach trip was awesome, as you can plainly see by my previous post on this blog.  On Tuesday last, ups and downs were present in the same day with a contentious staff meeting and an uplifting evening ladies gathering.  Then, Wednesday was an extremely high HIGH, with our granddaughter, Klee, returning home from her year long exchange in Taiwan!


So incredibly wonderful to have her home!

Family reunited!
The very next day was a court appearance for my son and soon to be ex-wife--no need to mention an incredible low for me and our close-knit family.

I felt buried!

Now I have four days left in the month, where I am closing my oldest Etsy shop, contemplating closing the others because of changing Etsy policies, and ending with my birthday on the last day of the month!  I don't know whether to laugh or cry!


Ever had one of those months?

8 comments:

  1. WOW! Talk about the good, bad and the ugly. I wish for only blue skies for you from now on. I read your previous post. We have been to the Oregon coast only once and we really enjoyed it. Would love to go back but life seems to get in the way. We live 80 miles north of Seattle. How do I follow your blog. I couldn't find a follow button.
    I found you on the etsy blog team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, your month really has been full of ups and downs (LOVE the rollercoaster illustration, btw). I hope that from now on things will be moving up, up, up! Good thing your birthday is coming up :) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was quite a roller coaster ride! I hope the conductor stops and lets you off soon!
    I'm glad the month will end with an UP for your birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you can jump off that roller coaster and onto a rocket ship going up up up! Happy early birthday wishes and a hug for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you didn't have quite the birthday you wanted and sorry it's been so up and down for you lately. Wishing you some calm seas very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow!
    Life is like that often enough. Well, maybe not such high heights or low valleys all stuck together into one small month.
    I do hope things look UP for you!
    hugs.
    Happy Birthday! I hope that day is filled with loveliness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *whew* !!! Praying for you and sending (((hugs))) your way!. Sometimes it feels like we are the hood ornament on that roller coaster, doesn't it! God bless!

    ReplyDelete