Sabbatical Adventures begin . . .

Sabbatical Adventures begin . . .

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Gather ye rose buds . . .

. . . while ye may!  Otherwise, you might miss something wonderful!  It's summer, the flowers are blooming, the bees are buzzing and the blue jay is visiting my deck!

Lantana, Banana Red

Yes, the height of summer brings lots of things, but it is especially time to get outside for a picnic, dip in the pool or river, or just a nice evening stroll.  I tend to stay indoors because it is hot. I am reminding myself with this post that I must gather goodness while it is here!



(Without an evening forest stroll, I would have missed the delicate lavender in these weed blossoms! Beautiful!)
Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. Ahhh... from the depths of winter it's hard not to feel jealous. I wonder what one ought to gather in winter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love summer and wish it would never end! Such pretty flowers. Nature is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love flowers. That weed looks kind of like a hydrangea decided to stop being a shrub and start being a random weed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, must breathe in all the summer we can. It's so fleeting. I miss it for 8 months and am so happy to see it arrive at the end of May again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree...get out and enjoy it while we can. I know the cold weather and holiday rush will be here before I know it. I'm taking every opportunity to get out and enjoy the sun while it's here :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures! I know we have had a hot summer as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! Your flowers are just the ticket - a bit of cheeriness on a cloudy day here :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. glad you got outside.. before long it was be cold again

    ReplyDelete