Sabbatical Adventures begin . . .

Sabbatical Adventures begin . . .

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

New Year doin's

After a long hiatus, which I will not apologize for as I don't want to go into a litany of excuses; I'm starting up my blogging again--it's just that life happens.

It's the first week of the new 2017 year, so what have I planned?  No resolutions for me. I have revamped my blog header to reflect a more concise summary of what you can expect to find in this blog.  And of course, I am busy with research for my second novel, more about that in a later post.  Any actual writing at this point is a joint project with my husband.  We are collaborating on a small volume for our family, chronicling our separate and joint lives.  It's more in the legacy theme, that runs through most of my life lately, considering my first novel's title is Unfinished Legacy, and my second is Unknown Legacy.  (I've written about it in a previous post here.)

In case you don't know me, I believe that what is important for an individual life is not the just the moments that make it up, but the entirety of life as it pertains to purpose and legacy.  The journey is what we will leave when the moments are forgotten.    I guess you could say I believe in story.

Well, so much for today's post, I need to get on with transferring some files from my broken computer to my new computer.  See ya later!

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year and many best wishes for 2017 my friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really neat you're writing a book with your husband! And I'm with you on no New Year's resolutions. I don't even have a 'word of the year' or particular, concrete goals for this year outlined!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! none for me! I am just gonna let this year unfold--I'm not driving it anywhere! ;) at least not now anyway!

      Delete
  3. Writing another novel is an exciting way to start the new year! So far I just hope to make it through tax season and then enjoy Oregon! I traveled so much last year that I really miss everything we have in our own state.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do live in a most beautiful state, Sharla. I hope you have lots of fun trips this year!

      Delete