Sabbatical Adventures begin . . .

Sabbatical Adventures begin . . .

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Reconnect with Nature!


Our forests--and roadsides, actually--are filled with blackberry bushes.  Many people here regard them as weeds, but I love them!  We go berry picking in late July or August and fill our baskets! This is what they look like now (First week in May photo).  I rinse them, then freeze them on a cookie sheet--one single layer.  When they are frozen solid, I dump them into plastic freezer bags to store in the freezer until use!  Can't wait!

Linking today with:
Reconnect with Nature

2 comments:

  1. I love blackberries! I've never actually picked them though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have seen a few folks picking them on the side of the road. I can't say that I ever noticed the pretty blossom, though.

    ReplyDelete